SMS all clients that have visited recently
Here is an example of how to send an SMS to all clients in your database that have been to your business recently and have not got any future appointments. Other examples can be found here.
Head on over to the marketing screen
- Select Account from the menu on the left
- Select Marketing at the top of the screen
- Select SMS Marketing from the marketing menu in the middle left
Select your target audience
- Gender: All
- Has Future Appointments: No
- Last Purchase Was: Within X weeks ago
- New of Existing Clients: New + Existing
Note: You need to determine how recently you want to go back. If I wanted to SMS all clients who had been within the last 3 months I would change Last Purchase Was to Within 12 weeks ago.
Retrieve the client list
- Press the Get Clients button
- Manually de-select any clients in the list that you might not want to receive the message by unticking their names. This step is not required. Only do so if you have specific people you don’t want the message to be sent to.
Enter your message
- Personalise the message. You can enter a personalised first name for example by pressing the Green + button next to the Marketing Message title then selecting the data to insert. The image below shows this.
- Enter your message. Note the length of the message in the preview area titled Number of SMS. A single length message uses 1 credit. A double length message uses 2 credits. The goal is usually to try your best to keep the text 1 message in length. The below image shows when it’s 2 messages in length.
Preview the message then send your marketing!
If you wish you can test the message before sending to all your clients. This is good practice to ensure your personalised text come through as expected and it allows you to see it on the client’s screen.
- Press the Send Test Message button
- Enter your own mobile number and press the Send button
- When you’re happy with the message and the preview looks good, simply press the Send Message button
SMS Credit Check
The system will check if you have enough SMS credits to send at this point. If there’s enough the messages will send. If you need more credits to reach your audience it will let you know and give you the opportunity to top up your credits at this point.