How To Apply Xero To Client Diary
Client Diary is able to link with Xero when you cash up at the end of each day. This allows for extremely fast reconciliation in Xero and helps keep accounting costs down whilst speeding up your workflow
IMPORTANT INFO before you begin:
- You should already have an account with Xero.
- You / your book keeper / accountant should know how to use Xero.
- If you need help with Xero and which accounts to choose below, please confirm with your book keeper / accountant as each business is setup differently and they will know how yours should be setup to link to Client Diary in association with the instructions below.
- Click on My Account
- Click on ADD-ONS tab and click on Xero
- Click on Xero
- Click on Connect To Xero button
It will take you to the Xero login page.
- Allow Access when requested
Once permission has been accepted you will be re-directed back to Client Diary.
- Go back to Add Ons Tab and select Xero it will show Sales Account, Asset and Liability
- Click on the text field on Sales Account, Asset, Liability and it will show a list of accounts from Xero.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST have the accounts setup in Xero. Discuss with your accountant if required. Accounts required are usually:
- A Bank Account for the Client Diary Sales Account
- An Asset Account for the Client Diary Asset Account
- A Gift Voucher Account for the Client Diary Liability Account
For a bit more detail on this topic, please click here to read more about Xero accounts.
You must choose accounts for all 3 to continue
When the work day is over, proceed with End Of Day as normal. Data will be sent to Xero after submitting the End Of Day Wizard. If you don’t know to use or get to End Of Day Click on the following link to see the tutorial: How to do End of Day financials